CELEBRATION OF LIFE PROJECT.
I’ve been inspired by photographer Angela Shea to participate in The Celebration of Life project.
When I read what she was doing I thought ‘what a wonderful idea’ and felt I had to get involved.
So what is the project all about? In Angela’s word:
I have often come across people in my community who are going through something in their lives whether it be sickness, recovery, a birth that has overcome great odds an adoption, and my automatic response to those stories is that I want to reach out to them and offer them a photography session ( free of charge of course). Something that would document this time in their lives, whether it be to leave behind memories for those they love or to commemorate a happy and joyful time.
To me the images that we take mean so much more than just a time and a place- they are a celebration of our lives.
So I challenge you to nominate your friends or those you have heard of who are deserving of such a celebration. Take an active roll in those lives around you- Email applications to: email@example.com
- All nominees must reside within the Melbourne Metro area (if unsure please email me to enquire)
- All applicants must include their full name, address, contact numbers and email.
- Applicants need to supply the nominees full name, address, contact numbers and email.
- Applicants need to provide a detailed description of why they feel the nominee deserves a session
Susan D’Arcy Photography will choose one nominee each month* and will arrange a session with them. The session is complimentary and the nominee will receive an album with up to 20 images in 5×7 inch size and an 8×10/12 inch print of their choice and any additional print orders from the session will be at a discounted rate of 25% off normal prices.
*this project will be offered each month until further notice
Terms and conditions:
- When emailing your application, please confirm you have read the terms and conditions.
- All nominees must reside in Melbourne, Australia unless otherwise negotiated with Susan D’Arcy Photography
- All decisions made by Susan D’Arcy Photography in selecting nominees are final and are not subject to review.
- All applications must meet the application conditions to be considered.
- All applications will be reviewed between the 1st and 7th of each month and the chosen applicant and nominee, for that month, will be posted to my blog.
- Each selected nominee for a session will receive a certificate for redemption of their session.
- All images taken at each session remain the copyright of Susan D’Arcy Photography.
This post is apt today for me. I’d like to share someone with you
Meet Damian, or as he was known to all who loved him ‘DIMMA’
Happy ‘heavenly’ 33rd Birthday mate!
3/1/1974 – 24/7/05 R.I.P
I’m so happy to have had you in my life for along as I did. I know you are watching over us still and one day we will meet again.
To all of those who I know are missing him today too, you too are in my thoughts.